Dow Building Solutions provides assistance to the global residential and commercial construction sector to design and build energy efficient, sustainable green buildings. Dow Buildings, being a solution provider, aims to provide products and information needed to the customers. Dow Building Solutions was established in the year 1941 with the invention of STYROFOAM™ Brand Extruded Polystyrene Insulation. Dow applied for the various patents of technology based foundations. Dow Building Solutions is one of the operating business segments of Dow Chemical Company. Dow Building Solutions had employed approximately 1,500 employees all over the world. Dow has offices in 188 sites in 35 countries.
Business Line, Product and Service Offerings:
Dow Building Solution supplies products for ample range of applications. The products are:
- Styrofoam™ – delivers the thermal performance & strength required for the lifetime of the building structure. Styrofoam is marketed under the brands Floormate (for flooring), Roofmate (for roofing) and Perimate (for below ground and basement application) for the construction purposes.
- Froth-pak™ – used for controlling air leakage and insulation of gaps, cracks, cavity and joints in the building infrastructure.
- Great Stuff Pro – product used for filling, sealing and insulating. The company claims it to be energy efficient.
- Insta-Stik – roofing adhesive for the attachments of insulating board and various membranes on flat roof. The company claims that the product is quick, clean and easy to use, providing fast adhesion.
- Insta-Stik MP – multi-purpose adhesive that can be applied to both horizontal as well as vertical roofs providing flexibility.
Dow Building Solutions also provide various intensive information and services to the customers. Dow has customers in approximately 160 countries. The major customers are in the following sectors- electronics, water, energy, coatings and agriculture.
The company provides products and services to Habitat for humanity’s neighborhood revitalization initiative , David Weekly Homes , and many more.
Dow Building Solutions is corporate partner with Green Mountain Habitat for Humanity, Berkeley National Laboratory & Chinese energy research institute (china), CHBA Manufacturers’ council. Dow Building Solutions are partners with Global Solar for Thin-Film Flexible Solar Shingles. On June 21, 2010, The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) had awarded The Dow Chemical Company, specifically to Dow Building Solution, USD 4.7 million to develop the advanced insulation.
- Dale Winger – residential operations market manager.
- Doug Bibee – residential application technology leader
- Chad Holzer – retail strategic market manager
- Jennifer Montgomery – retail brand manager
- May 7, 2011, Dow Building Solution, Spring Parade of Homes and Cobblestone Homes came together to built a new net-zero energy home for the first time. This home is expected to save $2,441 in energy costs. For the second time, Dow collaborated with Cobblestone homes for construction of this demonstration home for raising public awareness.
- May 12, 2011, Dow Building Solutions teamed up with Dryvit’s systems, Inc. to provide DOW XNERGY insulation, for higher energy demands.
- May 11, 2011, Dow Building Solutions entered into co-marketing agreement with Knight Wall Systems, Inc. to promote the use of THERMAX Wall System.
Dow Building Solutions
Diamond House, Lotus Park,
Kingsbury Crescent, Staines,
Middlesex, TW18 3AG
Tel.: 020 3139 4190
Fax: 020 3139 4013