EnerNOC develops and provides energy management applications and services for commercial, institutional, and industrial customers, as well as electric power grid operators and utilities. EnerNOC stands for Energy Network Operations Centre. The company was founded in 2001 by Tim Healy and David Brewster. This is a publicly traded company and is listed on NASDAQ: ENOC. The company went public in 2007. As of 2010 the company had 484 employees.
The company is based out of Boston, Massachusetts, US with offices in UK and US. The revenue of the company in the first quarter of 2011 was USD 31.8 million with a gross profit of USD 12.6 million . It clocked revenue of USD 280 mn in 2010-11.
Business line, products and service offerings:
EnerNOC chiefly provides demand response services that maintain real-time balance between electricity supply and demand. The company provides with energy management services and software to promote energy efficiency and offer consulting services for energy supply management. EnerNOC's applications and services include:
- DemandSMART: EnerNOC designs effective demand response programs which can meet the needs of utilities and grid operators. This is a program designed for utilities as well as businesses.
- EfficiencySMART: This suit of applications and services are designed to cut energy costs and improve operational efficiency in commercial buildings, classrooms, hospitals etc. The company through this service helps in Commissioning, provides insight for organizations to rapidly identify and harvest a range of low and no-cost energy savings, and provides services such as energy engineering, energy project design, and utility program management to the customer.
- SupplySMART: This application helps organizations make better energy management decisions. The company guides the organizations to help them choose the right energy supplier. The company conducts a five step program, namely: Educate, Energy Analysis, Objective, Fulfillment and Budgeting which effectively tries to locate the right supplier for the organizations.
- CarbonSMART: This application is an enterprise class carbon accounting system to measure, manage and report green house gas emissions and prioritize reduction efforts.
Mergers & Acquisitions
In 2009, EnerNOC bought Cogent Energy, a company that provides building control and energy efficiency systems. In the same year, EnerNOC acquired eQuilibrium Solutions, which provides carbon accounting solutions. In March, 2010, EnerNOC bought SmallFoot, LLC, a company that makes wireless systems to manage demand for smaller facilities. In 2011, the company acquired M2M communications and Global Energy Partners LLC.
Top Management :
- CEO and Chairman – Tim Healy
- President – David Brewster
- CFO – Timothy Weller
- July 6, 2011 – EnerNOC, Inc. announced that it had acquired Energy Response Pty Ltd, the largest demand response provider in Australia and New Zealand
- June 7, 2011 – EnerNOC, Inc. announced that it had entered into a contract with PPL Electric Utilities Corporation, a subsidiary of PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL), to provide 300 megawatts of demand response capacity.
- June 14, 2011 – EnerNOC, Inc. announced that Ahold USA will deploy EfficiencySMART™ Insight, EnerNOC’s web-based enterprise energy efficiency solution, in the majority of its Stop & Shop, Giant Food of Maryland, and Giant/Martin’s grocery stores.
101 Federal Street, Suite 1100
Boston, MA 02110 United States