Joyent Inc., founded in 2004 is a cloud software & service company based in San Francisco, California. It is a private company and have Greycroft Partners and Intel Capital as investors. The company has offices in 5 locations worldwide.
Joyent has two main offerings:
Software: Through this offering the company provides capabilities to its clients to operate, public, private and hybrid clouds in their data centres. There are three key software sub-offerings:
- SmartMachines: These are virtual environments for real time web applications. The company claims that this delivers higher performance as compared to traditional virtual machines.
- SmartData centre: This is targeted to enable its clients to manage the compute, storage and network of cloud environments involving multiple tenants using a virtual data centre.
Exhibit 1: Joyent Cloud Stack Software
- Node.js™ Services: Support to device manufacturers and developers through commercial licencing and other professional services
- SmartDataCenter Services: Technical (datacentre installation, s/w installation, advance integration, etc.), marketing and sales support
The list of JoyentCloud customers includes Gilte Groupe, Linkedin, Kabam, THQ, AKQA, ContextOptional, TVD, ShootQ, Neverbug Entertainment, Social Bomb etc.
The company has established partnerships with various players in the for in consulting, software and hardware. Some of its key partners are Armada, Cluster Technology, Redapat, Globant, Dell, Basho Technologies, New Relic, Codesion, Arista Networks etc.
- CEO, Founder – David Young
- Chief Scientist, Founder – Jason Hoffman
- Chief Financial Officer – Peter Watridge
- Chief Technology Officer – Mark Mayo
- February 4, 2011 JoyentCloud & New Relic announced the launch of New Relic RPM Bronze as a free service to its cloud customers.
- December 7, 2010 Joyent announced its cloud solutions for game studios to develop online games on platforms like Facebook, Yahoo, iPhone & iPad.
- November 19, 2010 Joyent in partnership with Dell cloud Solution announced the availability of its SmartData Center for web applications.
- July 20, 2010 Joyent announced its partnership with Los Angeles based tmpSocial a division of Epic Media Group.
345 California Street, Suite 2000, San Francisco, CA USA 94104
Phone: +1 415 400 0600
Website: www. joyent.com