Aloe Vera which is primarily a tropical plant has more than 250 species. It is grown throughout the world. Aloe Vera truly is a miracle plant. Aloe vera health benefits have been known to man since ages. It was used for healing and skin care by Egyptians and Cleopatra is known to have used it too. Today, it is not only used for skin care but also for improving immunity, digestive system, hair care and for treating and avoiding many body ailments.
The primary reason why Aloe Vera is so useful and powerful health promoter is because of its amazing nutrition profile – which shows it is rich in variety of vitamins, minerals and other nutrients .
Some major constituent of Aloe Vera are:
- Vitamins: Aloe Vera is one of the richest plan in terms of Vitamins. It is rich in Vitamin B1, Vitamin B2, Vitamin B3. Vitamin B6, Vitamin C, Vitamin C, folic acid, beta-carotene.
- Minerals: In terms of minerals it is rich in minerals such as – calcium, zinc, copper, iron, potassium, chromium, chlorine, magnesium, sodium
- Amino Acids: One of the main reasons of skin benefits of Aloe vera is presence of amino acids. Aloe vera plant has more than 15 types of amino acids present in it. Some of the key amino acids are – Lysine, Valine, Methionine, Leucine, Isoleucine, Phenylaianine, Histidine, Glutamin acid, Alanine, Cystine, Proline, etc.
- Mono and polysaccharides : Cellulose, Glucose, Mannose, Galactose, xylose, arabinose, uronic acid and many more
- Enzymes: Oxidase, amylase, catalase, lipase and alinase.
- Anthraquinones: Aloin (which is primary cause of side effects of ale vera in some cases), Barbaloin, Cinnamic acid, Aloe Emodin, Ester of Cinnamic, Aloetic acid, Antranol, Ethereal oil, Isobarbaloi, etc.
Thus, the nutrition profile of Aloe vera is very strong. Which in turn gives all its health promoting benefits when consumed by us. Most of the nutrients in Aloe Vera are either useful or harmless for humans except Aloin which can cause some side effects in some cases.
One can consume Aloe Vera in various forms – juice, gel, packs, powder, etc. If you are looking for living a health life naturally you should seriously consider including Aloe Vera in your diet program.