Five Amazing Honey Based Face Masks
Honey is very beneficial for skin. It helps in keeping the skin hydrated, protects from UV rays and cleanse the skin to give it glow and flexibility.
Intake of balanced diet consisting of fresh fruits and vegetables and drinking of plenty of water keeps skin healthy. It even prevents majority of skin ailments such as acne. However, the prevailing extreme climatic conditions demands additional care for skin. There are so many synthetic skin care products available in the market which do little for the skin but make hole in your pocket. Honey based face masks are natural with no side effects and economical too. Honey can be used in various ways for skin care.
Five easy to make and use honey based face masks which one can use even at home are discussed below:
- Lavender and honey face mask : Mix three drops of lavender essential oil to one tablespoon of honey and apply it to face after washing with lukewarm water. The antibacterial action of honey as well as lavender oil cleanses the skin thoroughly. If you are not sure of your skin type, then consider applying this face mask for thorough cleansing of the skin.
- Honey and banana face mask : Mix half mashed banana, one egg, ¼ cup oatmeal that is cooked with milk and half tablespoon of honey thoroughly. Now, apply this mixture to face slowly in a circular motion. Rinse the face with lukewarm water after fifteen minutes to enjoy a healthy looking skin. The nutrients present in oat meal nourish the skin with essential minerals and vitamins, Banana’s provide vitamin A, eggs contain lecithin a type of fatty acid that helps to keep skin moisturized and honey helps to maintain the natural acidic pH of skin. This is the best face mask for those with very sensitive skin.
- Carrot and Honey face mask : If you have oily skin then you should take good care of it to prevent the risk of acne. The natural carrot honey face mask helps in deep cleansing of the skin to get of rid extra oil, dirt and bacteria clogging the skin pore. Mash 2-3 carrots thoroughly and mix it with four and half table spoons of honey. Refrigerate the mixture for ten minutes and apply it smoothly to the skin. Allow it to remain for ten minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. Vitamin A and C present in carrots act as antioxidants and aid in removal of free radicals and cleansing of skin. Honey offers the required nourishment to the skin.
- Honey and Avocado face mask : Grind two tablespoons of avocado flesh, one egg yolk and two tablespoons of honey. Now, spread the paste to the skin and leave it for 30 minutes or more. The anti-aging affects of avocado and honey will let you enjoy a blemish free skin. This is the best face mask to try by people with dry skin.
- Apple and honey face mask : Mix two tablespoons of honey to one apple that is cored and chopped into small pieces. Refrigerate the mixture for about ten minutes. Now, gently apply the mixture to skin with gentle tapping. Allow the mask to remain for 30 minutes and then wash it off. This face mask gives shiny skin to those with normal skin.
- Yoghurt, honey and Almond face mask : If you go out in sun or after day long work your skin will definitely start to look tired. Rejuvenate the tired skin by supporting the development of new skin cells and elimination of dead skin cells. Mix 60z of yoghurt, 2tsp of honey, 1/4oz of finely chopped and crushed almonds, and 2tsp of wheat germ oil. Mix all these ingredients thoroughly until it forms in to a smooth paste. Apply it to the skin and allow it to remain for twenty minutes for a glowing and healthy looking skin.
Use of these natural face masks protects the skin and even saves your pocket from investing on those expensive cosmetics. Make sure to select raw honey to avail these benefits of honey for skin. Due to huge number of benefits of honey for skin many cosmetic industries are using honey innovatively in their skin care products. Honey is also being used in baby care products, sunscreen lotions, scrubs and moisturizers.