AppSense is a privately-held company founded in 1999 by Charles Sharland providing user virtualization technology. AppSense has its US headquarters in New York City and a UK headquarters in Manchester, England. The company also has offices in London, Munich, Melbourne, Amsterdam, Paris and Oslo, and a technology center in Santa Clara, California. AppSense is used by over 4,000 companies worldwide including JPMorgan Chase, Lowes, United Airlines, Wachovia and ESPN.
Business line, products and service offerings:
- AppSense User Virtualization Platform provides complete policy and personalization management, application entitlement and system resource entitlement across all desktop and application delivery mechanisms.
- The AppSense Cloud-Computing Infrastructure (ACCI) provides the scalability and feature set required to manage and deliver the user experience across the desktop and application portfolios. Used in conjunction with other cloud services for desktop and application delivery, the ACCI enables economies of scale through the standardization of the desktop and applications.
- Chairman – Charles Sharland
- CEO – Darron Antill
- CTO – Harry Labana
- In February 2011, AppSense announced it received a $70 million round of funding from Goldman Sachs for a minority share in the company. This round was the company’s first funding to date.
- AppSense User Virtualization Selected For HP's New Client Virtualization Reference Architecture
- AppSense Announces User Virtualization for Cisco Virtualization Experience Infrastructure (VXI)
17 State Street
New York, USA