Athenahealth provides ongoing billing services, clinical-related and other services to medical groups through cloud-based platform, athenaNet. The company was founded in Delaware on August 21, 1997 as Athena Healthcare Incorporated. It changed its name to athenahealth.com in March 2000 and to athenahealth Inc in November 2007. The company is headquartered in Watertown, Massachusetts.
Company generated total revenue of USD 245.54 million and earned a gross profit of USD 148.96 million in FY2010. The company had a net income of USD 12.70 and has a market cap of 1.43B. As of February 18, 2011 the company had 1,242 employees.
The company offers following products:
- AthenaCollector – it is a web (cloud) based medical billing and practice management solution which provides scheduling, payment processing and a workflow dashboard.
- AthenaClinicals – it provides web (cloud) based EHR service which facilitates automatic medical record management services.
- AthenaCommunicator – it provides automated communication system through automatic reminder calls, emails, self service patient portal for registration, appointment, bills etc
- Payer Ranking: Payer View – it is a centrally hosted cloud-based software for managing provider-payer relationship.
The product model of the company comprises of three distinct component- Software (athenanet), Knowledge (athenarules) and Work (athenahealth Service Operations).
The company receives partnership in following areas:
- Distributors – Physician Sales and Service
- Health Care Information Technology Vendor – Dell Inc, Falcon HER, Green Flag Profit Recovery by Transworld Systems
- Group Purchasing Organisations – PedsPal
- Health Care Consultants and Accountants – Agilence, DoctorsManagement, eHealth, FGMK Inc and Halley Consulting Group
- Health Care Service Organizations – Paragon Health, Physicians Professional Billing LLC etc
- Societies, Associations and Physician Organizations – Iowa Medical Society, Maine Medical Association etc
- Health Care Content Partners – CodeCorrect and Healthwise
- CEO, President and Chairman: Jonathan Bush
- CMO: Robert L Cosinuke
- COO: Edward Y. Park
- CFO: Timothy M. Adams
- May 23, 2011 Athenahealth named ‘Best Place to Work’ by The Boston Business Journal.
- May 20, 2011 Athenahealth chosen as a preferred vendor for certified Electronic Health Records by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology.
- February 22, 2011 Athenahealth announced its strategic relationship with Microsoft connecting athenaClinicals and athena Collector with Microsoft Amalga.
Headquarters: 311 Arsenal Street Watertown, MA 02472 United States