BuildingIQ develops energy management software tools for commercial and institutional buildings. The company professes to deploy technology to learn and forecast building’s energy requirements and optimize settings to increase efficiency.
The company was established in year 2009 and has offices in United States and Australia. The company believes that usage of its energy optimization technology leads to improvement in valuation of the property.
Business Line, Products and Service Offerings
BuildingIQ offers energy management solutions providing building management systems (BMS), heating, ventilation, and air conditioning system (HVAC) controls and demand response (DR) management services.
- Building IQ: adaptive control SaaS solution which adds values to the existing building management systems. The company claims that Building IQ optimizes energy consumption by pre-planning HVAC operations, updating the settings and managing the set points.
- Comfort IQ: an occupant survey application providing feedback on actual tenant comfort and captures satisfaction data.
- DRIQ: automates and optimizes the building’s response to demand response events.
BuildingIQ has been installed in Argonne’s largest administrative building, Perth Council House and Lend Lease Buildings. Investa was the first customer for the company in 2009.
The company assists the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CSIRO) to minimize the greenhouse emissions and double the efficiency of new generation technologies.
Exto Partners, helps other companies achieve their goals through capital investment, strategic planning and corporate advisory, is another partner of the company.
Will Deane and Brian Wilson, who are members of board of Directors, are the active investors of the company.
- Michael Zimmerman- CEO
- Peter Dickinson- VP Operations
- Tom Celinski- VP Engineering
- The company announced the release of FAULTIQ, the latest addition to the building energy optimization applications, on April 2011.
- The company was selected for the Technology Showcase at ARPA-E Energy Innovation Summit that took place on February 28- March 2, 2011.
- On March 2011, the company was awarded with AIRAH award for Excellence in Innovation.
The company is winner of Red Herring’s Asia 100 Award and Tech23’s Greatest Potential Award,
3150 Porter Drive
Palo Alto, California 94304
Phone number: +18883351992
Suite 103/19a Boundary Street
Phone number: +61293600602