CloudTran provides solutions to run large-scale, business-critical transactional applications in public, private, and hybrid clouds. CloudTran renders it services in a broad range of applications including but not limited to ecommerce, supply chain management, ERP, online gaming, web publishing, mobile payment processing. The company has identified its USP in developing large-scale applications for cloud computing environments, grid computing and handling massive databases.
Though initially separated from the Java business unit of New Technologies/enterprise, NT/e, CloudTran now is a privately held company based in Silicon Valley.
Products and Services:
- CloudTran Dynamic Transaction Manger – This is used to create and run scalable applications. The company helps applications like e-Commerce websites, online games, and payment processing systems to maintain fast response times despite potentially huge and un-planned user loads (about 30 times faster). For this, CloudTran employs patent-pending technology that integrates in-memory data caches, providing fast access to data, and back-end data storage systems.
- 10gen’s MongoDB – An open-source, document-oriented database integration to reduce the costs of operating large-scale applications by providing an alternative to expensive licensing of traditional databases. The company is recently said to have acquired news funds which is going to be partially used to support this product.
- CloudTran is now also developing new products and making them available using the Rackspace Cloud which will now allow business applications to take advantage of popular cloud computing techniques. CloudTran has also entered into the Rackspace Hosting Cloud Tools Program. This solution will dramatically reduce operating costs for these applications while providing a growth path as businesses expand operations.
CloudTran has integrated transaction management middleware with GigaSpaces eXtreme Application Platform (XAP). GigaSpaces Technologies is a leading provider of a new generation of virtualized application platforms delivering end-to-end scalability. The result of this integration is seemed to produce a Java-based solution that runs large database infrastructures in public, private, and hybrid cloud environments.
Scalable applications require new approaches to transactional management and application architecture. GigaSpaces XAP and CloudTran provide solutions to these issues so application developers can build top-speed, large-scale applications in less time and with lower risk.
Top Management Team:
- CEO and President – Tom Henn
- CTO – Matthew Fowler
- Sr. VP Sales & Marketing – AJ Brown
CloudTran, 4000 Pimlico Drive, Suite 114,
Pleasanton, CA 94588