GoGrid specializes in cloud infrastructure solutions. Founded in the year 2001, it is a pure-play pure-play Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) firm. Its parent company is ServePath headquartered in San Francisco. The company had a history of managing IT infrastructure and introduced its cloud computing platform in 2008. The company has two data centres, one in San Francisco and second one in Ashburn.
The GoGrid working model is described in the Exhibit 1 below.
Exhibit 1: GoGrid working model
The Infrastructure components of GoGrid includes:-
- Cloud Servers
- Dedicated Servers- these are physical servers which are directly managed by the GoGrid portal. These are appropriate for applications that want to avoid multi- tenant environment.
- Load Balancers- the f5 load balancer of GoGrid is free with every account. F5 load balancer can be used for diverting the internet traffic to two or more web servers & also for scaling the infrastructure.
- Cloud Storage- it is used for storing large data.
GoGrid products and services have been awarded following accolades:
- In July 2008, GoGrid was selected as a Finalist for LinuxWorld 2008 Product Excellence Award by IDG World Expo and LinuxWorld.com.
- In May 2010, GoGrid was named in Lead411's list of the “2010 Hottest San Francisco Companies”.
- In June 2010, GoGrid won “Best Channel Incentives” Award at 2010 ASCII Reseller Success Summit
GoGrid has partnered with several market players in software / development / testing and cloud management space: Some of them are included here:
- Software & Applications: – Moodle, Enano CMS, Opina Poll Management, Microsoft WebMatrix, cPanel VPN Cubed Commercial Edition, BitNami LAMPstack etc
- Development & Testing: – Toad ® for MySQL, Genero® and Genero db®, BitNami Rubystack & MuleSoft Cloudcat
- Disaster Recovery & Backup: – i365 Evault SaaS Online Data Protection
- Security, Monitoring & Reporting: – CloudPassage Halo, Gazzang ezNcrypt for MySQL, Cranium Solutions ASAP 1.1, BitNami JasperServer etc
- Cloud Management: – CohesiveFT VPN Cubed SSL, GigaSpaces XAP, Appistry CloudIQ, enStratus, Zpanel Web Hosting Control Panel
- CEO, Founder: John Keagy
- Chief Financial Officer: Brett Newsome
- Chief Marketing Officer: Jeff Samuels
- Chief Information Officer & EVP of technology: Mark Worsey
- May 03, 2011 GoGrid announced the launch of new Image Rights Management (IRM) technology for Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) who are the part of their partner exchange program.
Headquarters: 2 Harrison Street 2nd Floor San Francisco, CA, 94105 USA
Phone: +1(415) 869- 7444