Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc. develops and manufactures pet food products for cats and dogs in the United States and internationally. It is one of the leading firm in US pet care market. The company offers Prescription Diet brand therapeutic pet foods through veterinarians; and Science Diet brand pet foods for health and wellness through veterinarians and finer pet specialty stores. It also provides its products online. The company, formerly known as Hill Packing Company, was founded in 1906 and is headquartered in Topeka, Kansas. The company has offices in 26 countries including US, Australia, Hong Kong, etc. Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc. operates as a subsidiary of Colgate-Palmolive Co. Its 2010 revenue stood at USD 2 bn and accounted for 13% of Colgate-Palmolive revenue in 2010. Its employee strtength was 2,600 in 2010.
Business Line, Products and Service Offerings:
The company provides pet nutrient products for both cats and dogs. Its products include dry, wet, treats (for specific allergies etc.) and natural (using natural ingredients). It sells products under two categories:
- Hill's Prescription Diet: Hill's has a large line of prescription foods for cats and dogs with specific diseases. While "Prescription diet" dry and canned food is available only through a vet or pet pharmacy, they typically contain no drugs or medicines.
- Hill's Science Diet: is a brand of cat and dog foods marketed by Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc. (a subsidiary of the Colgate-Palmolive Company). In the United Kingdom, Science Diet is known as Science Plan. It also has 8 kinds of products for felines and canines of all age groups based on their needs.
- CEO – Neil Thompson
- Chief Veterinarian – Janet Donlin
- Vice President of Science & Technology – Debra Nichols
- On May 2, 2011: Hill’s Pet Nutrition announced the addition of Science Diet® Simple Essentials™ Treats Small & Toy to their Small & Toy breed line of pet food.
- On February 7, 2011 : Hill’s Pet Nutrition announced a new partnership with Butler Schein™ Animal Health and Webster Veterinary in an effort to help spread awareness among veterinarians and their health care teams about nutritional assessments.
- On December 10, 2010: announced the official opening of its manufacturing facility in Emporia, Kansas. The new plant is producing market-leading Hill's® Prescription Diet® and Hill's® Science Diet® dry pet food for the U.S. and 90 markets globally
Hill's Pet Nutrition, Inc.
ATTN: Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 148
Topeka, KS 66601-0148