LDK Solar is manufacturer of photovoltaic products and solar wafers. The company claims to be one of the largest manufacturers of photovoltaic products in the world. The company is vertically integrated, with capabilities of production; the company also develops solar modules and performs system integration.
The company was established in 2005 in China with headquarters at Xinyu City Jiang Xi Province and achieved annual revenue of USD 4.1 billion for 2010. LDK has more than 21,900 employees worldwide and maintains sales, marketing and customer service offices throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
The company’s R&D center formulated 2 national standards of photovoltaic materials and applied for 61 patents, from which 12 were approved.
Business Line, Product and Service Offerings
LDK Solar manufacturers and markets multicrystalline and monocrystalline wafers to manufacturers of solar cells and modules.
- Polysilicon: metallurgical silicon is used as raw material to produce polysilicon. The company has the production capacity of 18.000 MT (metric ton) from the two production plants.
- Ingot: company produces large monocrystalline and multicrystalline ingots. The company claims to produce world’s first and largest multicrystalline ingot weighing 800kg. The ingot manufacturing facilities are provided at Xinyu City in Jiangxi province, China.
- Wafer: company produces monocrystalline and multicrystalline wafers. The company has annual manufacturing capacity of approximately 3.0GW as of December 31, 2010.
- Cell: company manufactures in-house PV cells to produce their own cells as well as working on developing new monocrystalline and multicrystalline technology.
- Module: the solar monocrystalline and multicrystalline modules are built as per customers and end users’ specifications. The company have three module manufacturing facilities located in Nanchang City, Suzhou City(Jiangsu province) and Hefei City (China)
LDK Solar affirms itself to be System Integrator basically for photovoltaic systems. The company provides engineering and design, quality of products and efficiency of the systems. The company maintains customer service throughout Asia, Europe and North America.
LDK Solar has partnered with Uni Land S.p.A, SAEM Srl, ESPE Srl, Global Power Resources Ltd., China Development Bank Capital, Sunways, Suqian City and Gpr-Sbtfc.
- Xiaofeng Peng- CEO and Chairman of Board of Directors.
- Xingxue Tong- President and COO
- Liangbao Zhu- Executive Vice President
- Qiqiang Yao- Senior Vice President
The stock price of the company is USD 11.66 as of July 26, 2011.
- On July 19, 2011, the company signed a 15 Megawatt (MW) supply contract with Juwi Solar in Germany.
- On July 13, 2011, LDK Solar signed contracts to supply solar modules to two leading electric power companies in China.
Jiangxi Province 338032
People’s Republic of China
Phone: +86 790 666 8000
Fax: +86 790 666 9000