Nanobiotix is a nanomedicine company developing harmless or non-invasive radiotherapy for cancer. The Company is a spin-off of the State University of New York (SUNY) at Buffalo that has been incorporated in 2003. This is a privately held company. The company is headquartered in the Paris, France
Business line, products and service offerings:
The core product offered by the company is NanoXray™ which is designed to resolve cancer therapy’s biggest drawback: destruction of healthy tissue and its subsequent harmful side effects when a high dose of X-ray is necessary. The core of a nanoXray nanoparticle is an inactive and inert substance—not a drug—that can subsequently be activated in order to locally increase the dose of a standard X-ray, which is then expected to lead to higher efficiency.
Exhibit: NanoXray Nanoparticle
The other products in the pipeline for this company are:
- nanoMag : Magnetic particles for treatment and diagnostic of cancer
- nanoPDT : laser activated nanoparticles for cancer treatment
- Outside oncology field : Business and development collaboration with Malaysian Biotech Corp
- Activated Drug Delivery : Based on different modalities already in use in hospitals; drug-delivery systems (DDS) that can be externally triggered
The company has a financing of USD 17.2 million from different institutional investors such has Amorçage Rhône-Alpes, Cap Decisif, Matignon Technologies, OTC Asset Management.
In 2009, the company entered into a collaboration with the ‘Sonodrugs’ Consortium which aims to maximize the therapeutic efficiency and minimize the side effects of drug treatments for cardiovascular disease and cancer. The company has also collaborated with Malaysian Biotech Corporation for research and product development for point-of-care (P-O-C) diagnostics and drug delivery systems for tropical diseases, such as malaria.
- CEO – Laurent Levy, PhD
- Chairman– Laurent Condomine
- CFO & COO – Kader Boussaha
- April 4, 2011 : Nanobiotix announced changes to the non-executive board. Patrick Langlois was replced by Laurent Condomine as the Chairman of the Supervisory Board.
- Januray 19, 2011 : Nanobiotix and the European Technology Platform Nanomedicine had launched NanomedTV to reach out to people about new methods of treatment for cancer and other diseases using nanomedicine.
Nanobiotix SA 60, avenue
Tel + 33 (0) 1 40 26 04 90
Fax + 33 (0) 1 40 26 04 44