Nestlé Purina PetCare Co. (NPPC) is a consumer packaged goods company that manufactures, markets, and distributes pet food and snacks for dogs and cats and cat litter throughout the United States and Canada. It is one of the leading player in US pet care market. Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is the pet food division of Swiss-based Nestlé S.A., following its acquisition of the American Ralston Purina Company on December 12, 2001 and subsequent merger with Nestlé's Friskies PetCare Company.
Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, NPPC operates 24 manufacturing facilities (20 in 14 states and four in Canada) and 16 regional sales offices in 13 states. The company employs a workforce of approximately 7,000 people and recorded global sales of USD 4.3 billion in 2010.
Business Line, Products and Service Offerings:
The company has variety of cat and dog food products catering to range of customer requirement of dry and wet food. Some well-known brands include:
- Alpo – dog food
- Arthurs – cat food. UK only
- Bakers Complete- dry dog food
- Beneful – dog food
- Bonio – dog biscuits sold in the UK
- Bonnie – dog food. Australia only (with kangaroo meat)
- Chef's Blend – dry cat food
- Chuck Wagon
- Dog Chow along with sister products Puppy Chow, Cat Chow and Kitten Chow
- Felix – cat food. Known in Sweden as Pussi and in Finland as Latz
- Friskies – cat food, but in Finland also used as a dog food brand. Known as Go-Cat in the UK and as Gati in South America
- Go-Cat- dry cat food
- President & CEO – W. Patrick McGinnis
- CFO – Rock Foster
- VP Dog Food Marketing – Steve Crimmins
Important Events in Company's history
- In 1977, Ralston Purina acquired Missouri Arena Corporation and the St. Louis Blues National Hockey League franchise. The franchise was sold in the 1980s. During the company's ownership of the team, they changed the name of the St. Louis Arena to the Checkerdome, reflecting the Ralston Purina logo.
- Ralston Purina purchased the Eveready Battery Company in 1986, owner of the Eveready and Energizer brands. The company was spun off in 2000.
- Ralston Purina purchased Continental Baking Company, makers of Wonder bread and Hostess cakes, from ITT in 1984. Ralston did spin off Continental Baking Company which then was bought by Interstate Brands Corporation (IBC), with headquarters in Kansas City, MO.
- 2010 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Recipient
Nestlé Purina PetCare Co.
St. Louis, MO 63164
Telephone: (314) 982-2261
E-Mail: [email protected]
Web Site: http://www.nestlepurina.com