newScale Inc. is a privately held company founded in November, 1999 and based in San Mateo, California. newScale provides software to IT firms that delivers a service catalog and self-service portal which they use to select and deploy cloud services within their businesses.
On April 15, 2011, Cisco completed its acquisition of newScale Inc. newScale has its offices in Australia, New Zealand, UK and India.
newScale FrontOffice Suite – It delivers cost-effective and cloud-like data center operations. It consists of:
- newScale PortfolioCenter which provides Service portfolio management and IT-business relationship management.
- newScale RequestCenter which provides Self-service request management and automated fulfilment.
- newScale LifecycleCenter which provides Lifecycle management for service items and workloads.
- newScale DemandCenter which provides Demand management and cost management for IT services.
Services: newScale’s three Services practice areas: Professional Services, Knowledge Services and Customer Services focus on delivering resources for its clients Service Catalog.
Exhibit: newScale Service Portfolio
newScale Professional Services practice is staffed with an experienced team ready to help implement and optimize newScale Service Catalog solutions.
- Process Consulting
- Technology Consulting
- Strategic Front Office Consulting
newScale Knowledge Services practice builds processes, tools, technical publications and training programs to support newScale's Service Catalog initiatives and the deployment of newScale solutions. Knowledge Services delivers the following services:
- Training and YES! Program
- Methodology and Best Practice Development
- Technical Publications
Customer Services team is chartered with managing the ongoing, long term relationship between newScale and its customers. The team provides the following services:
- Strategic Program Management
- Customer Care
- Customer Solutions Lab
newScale investors include Chess Ventures, Crosslink Capital, Menlo Ventures, Montagu Newhall Associates, New Enterprise Associates (NEA), Parker Price Venture Capital, and Wasatch Cross Creek Capital.
With broad adoption and usage at IT organizations and service providers around the world, newScale customers represent many different industries including Automotive, Chemicals, Consumer Goods, Education, Energy, Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, IT Outsourcing, Manufacturing, Oil & Gas, Pharmaceuticals, Public Sector, Retail & Hospitality, Services, Technology Telecommunications and Transportation.
newScale has developed strategic relationships with industry leaders to provide customers with end-to-end solutions and ensure success in their self-service, service catalog, and lifecycle management initiatives for enterprise IT and private/hybrid cloud computing.
newScale partners include:
- Channel Partners: Organizations supporting Service Catalog initiatives through advisory, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing services with specific industry expertise, and process consulting. It includes Accenture, Anton Systems, Empired, IBM Global Services, Infosys, Siemens, Third Sky, Wipro, etc.
- Technology Alliances: Organizations providing complementary technologies that enhance and extend the range of capabilities. It includes Cisco, Citrix, Sun Microsystems, Oracle, Amazon Web Services, VMware, rPath, BMC Software, etc.
- Strategic partner: newScale is a strategic partner for Mutual of Omaha's I/S operation. It deploys Service Catalog solution and makes an impact on relationship with the business.
- President and Chief Executive Officer – Scott Hammond
- Founder and Chief Technology Officer – Rodrigo Fernando Flores
- Chief Financial Officer – Philip G. Connolly
2215 Bridgepointe Parkway, Suite 500
San Mateo, CA