Parallels is a provider of virtualization and automation founded in the year 1999. The company provides its services to consumers, businesses, SaaS vendors, cloud infrastructure and hosting enterprises. It has its offices all over North America, Europe and Asia and has 700 employees all over the world.
The products offered by the company are as follows:
Desktop Virtualization: it includes-
- Parallels Desktop for Mac- helps in running Windows and Mac OS X simultaneously.
- Parallels Desktop Switch to Mac Edition- includes the software, tutorials, data protection and transfer cable required for Mac.
- Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux- it helps in moving from traditional IT infrastructure to a virtual one.
- Parallels Workstation Extreme- automatic movement of files to Windows 7.
- Parallels Desktop for Upgrading to Windows 7
- Parallels Transporter- allows copying of files from Windows to Mac.
Server Virtualization: it includes-
- Parallels Server for Mac 4.0- helps in running Windows, Linux and Mac OS X server simultaneously on Apple branded server platform.
- Parallels Server 4 Bare Metal- helps in consolidating the IT infrastructure of the organizations.
- Parallels Virtuozzo Containers- it is an operating system virtualization solution which increases the power of IT.
- Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 mini Edition- it is suitable for small business enterprises.
Automation: it includes-
- Parallels Plesk Products
- Parallels Small Business Panel
- Parallels Plesk Billing
- Parallels Operations Automation
- Parallels Business Automation
- Parallels Virtual Automation
Some of the Parallels partners are: Charter, Apptix, Softcom, Cobweb, Star, KPN, Intergenia, Exchange My Mail, GMO, BackupAgent, Data393, Future Hosting, eApps, Portugal Telecom, Telekom Austria etc
The company has received the following awards:
- Good Housekeeping-Best Products
- Macworld-Editors’ Choice Award 5/5 Stars
- PC Advisor-Expert Rating Award 5/5 Stars
- PC Pro-PC Pro Recommended Award
- Red Herring 100
- Editors Choice 2010
The technology partnership program of the company is divided into silver, gold and strategic.
- Silver Partners: 10ZiG, 4PSA, Adobe, Apatar, BlackBerry, Bull, Citrix, Egenera, Google, Kerio, Miva, NEC etc
- Gold Partners: 99Bill, Acronis, Canonical Ltd, Ericom Software, Global Relay, Medi Soft, MX Logic, Red Hat, Wyse etc
- Strategic Partners: AMD, Apple, APS, HP, IBM, Intel, Microsoft, Novell, Red Flag etc
- Executive Chairman and Chief Architect: Serquei Beloussov
- CFO and COO: Birger Steen
Headquarters: 500 SW 39th Street Suite 200 Renton, WA 98057 USA
Phone: +1 (425)282 6400
Fax: +1 (425) 282 6444