Red Bend Software is a mobile software management company established in 1999. It has its headquarters in Waltham, Massachusetts and offices in China, France, Israel, Japan, Korea, UK and US.
Red Bend Software is a privately held company financed by venture capital firms which include Carmel Ventures, Greylock Partners, Pitango Venture Capital, Poalim Ventures, Infinity and Coral Group.
The company entered into the virtualization market with the acquisition of VirtualLogix in September 2010.
The products offers by the company are:-
- vCurrent- it is a mobile solution for providing over-the-air updates
- vRapid- it helps service providers and mobile phone manufacturers in enhancing, customizing and managing the software assets on mobile phones at any point during the handset lifetime.
- vDirect- it is an OMA-DM compliant and interoperable device management client for mobile phones and wireless devices in the mobile for WiMAX and machine-to-machine (M2M) markets.
- VLX™- it is a mobile virtualization software product which works for both ARM and Intel x86 microprocessor.
The company has received the following acknowledgements:-
- 2010- 100 Million Club-tracking successful businesses in mobile
- Second place in the 2009 Deloitte Brightman Almagor Zohar Technology Fast50
- 2008 The Communications Solutions Product of The Year
- 2008- VisionMobile 100 million club
- 2007- Deloitte Technology Fast500
- 2007- Mobile Innovation Program
- 2007- Deloitte Technology Fast50
- 2007- 10 Most Promising Start-Ups by Globes Online
- 2007- Named one of Three Most Promising Software Start-Ups by Red Herring
Some of the clients of the company are:-
Beceem Communications, Borqs, China Mobile, C-motech, Fujitsu, Haier, Intel, Inventec, JRC, K-Touch, Kyocera, Lenovo, LG, Motorola, NEC, Nollec, NTT DOCOMO, Panasonic, Qualcomm, Sagem Communications, Samsung etc.
The list of partners include:-
Access Connect Ecosystem, ARM Connected Community, Digital Airways, CallUp Net Limited, Interop Technologies, Movenda, Motive, Nokia Siemens Networks, SmartTrust, Synchronica etc.
- CEO: Yoram Salinger
- CTO and Founder: Sharon Peleg
- CFO and COO: Udi Dagan
- June 23, 2011 BYD Electronic Company Limited of China, manufacturer of mobile handset components and modules, selected Red Bend software management for its products.
- May 24, 2011 Red Bend collaborated with Movenda.
Headquarters: 400-1 Totten Pond Road, Suite 130 Waltham, MA 02451 USA