Success Factor provides cloud based business execution software to businesses of all sizes and categories. It specialises in human capital management and business execution. The company was established in 2001 and was earlier known as Success Acquisition Corporation. It has its headquarters in San Mateo, California. The company claims to have served 3,200+ customers with more than 8 million+ users in 168 countries and is available in 34 languages.
In the year ending December 31, 2011 the company generated revenue of USD 205.9 million with a gross profit of USD 149.4 million. The company has a market cap of USD 2.65 bn. As of 2010 the company had 1,047 employees.
The products offered by the companies are as follows:
- 360 Degree Reviews: it helps in getting holistic feedback of the employees.
- BizX Insights: delivered through cloud it provides solution to problems and aid in data analysis, analyzing trends and setting benchmarks.
Business Performance Accelerators: it helps in maintaining effective interaction with the
employeethroughout his tenure.
- Calibration: provides highly objective performance reviews and hence helps in identifying talented employees.
- Compensation Management: ensures pay-for-performance thereby retaining talented employees and eliminating non performers.
- CubeTree: provides private social network for improved teamwork which enhances the productivity.
EmployeeCentral: it helps in recording employeedata at one place. The company provides the further cloud innovations free of cost. It is integrated with cloud applications like ERP, payroll, time and benefit solutions.
EmployeeProfile: understanding the potentials of the employees using social media tool.
- Goal Management: integrating personal goals of employees with organisation’s goal.
- Learning & Development: providing appropriate training and development to employees in order to nurture their skills and prepare future leaders.
- Metrics Navigator: provides summarized performance review.
- Performance Reviews: access individual contribution of employees.
- Recruiting Management: identifying right and appropriate future employees.
- Reporting: easy and quick availability of reports.
- Stack Ranker: provides comparative ranks and thereby distinguishing high and low performers.
- Succession Management: developing talents for future requirement.
WorkforceAnalytics: provides facts for future decision making.
WorkforcePlanning: forecasting future manpower requirements and identifying the sources.
The application suite of the company doesn’t require any installation; the company therefore believes that this would reduce the cost and risk of traditional enterprise software. The cloud facility of the company allows integration of third-party with the SuccessFactors BizX suite.
The company has customers from financial markets, healthcare, education, retail and technology. Some of the clients of the company are: Avnet, Comcast, Conductor, Eloqua, Fishbowl Solutions, Market Leader, McKinstry, Televerde, The Linc Group, Vail Resorts, ShawCor Ltd, Sport & Spine Rehab etc
Its partners include, Accenture, Capgemini, IBM, McKinney Rogers, 3DResults, Aasonn, Arago Consulting, Cromwell-Business Resultancy, Driven Systems, Droste Group, Inforonics, Knowledge-Infusion etc.
- CEO: Lars Dalgaard
- President: Doug Dennerline
- Chief Financial Officer: Bruce Felt
- Chief Technical Officer: Aaron Au
Headquarters: 1500 Fashion Island Blvd., Ste. 300 San Mateo, CA 94404
- March 17, 2011 Success Factor forms strategic based alliance with Avanxo, a Columbia based company.
- March 17, 2011 Success Factor acquired Jambok; a SaaS based social learning company.
- October 17, 2010 Success Factor acquires Danish company YouCalc, which helps business in creating and sharing reports from cloud.