Vocus Inc. is a provider of cloud-based marketing and PR software that helps organizations and influence buyers across social networks, online and through the media. Vocus is a publicly held company founded in 1992 and based in Lanham, Maryland and has offices throughout Europe and Asia. It went public in 2005.
According to the Washington Post index, Vocus is one of the top 125 public companies headquartered in Washington D.C. and its suburbs.
With a company size of more than 475 employees, it generated revenue of about USD 96.7 million in 2010. It has a market cap of USD 579.69 million (as on 27 June 2011).
Business line, Products and Service offerings:
- Vocus PR: Vocus PR is on-demand software for public relations management that allows user to increase the impact and track the results of public relations programs. The Vocus PR solution includes an up-to-date media database, broad news distribution, and powerful measurement and reporting capabilities. Vocus information database contains information about the media, including journalist profiles, contact schedules, podcast interviews, pitching preferences and other relevant information compiled by the media research team. Specific modules include contact management, collateral management, project management, newsrooms, PRWeb online newswire, email campaigns, analytics and measurement, and news on-demand.
- Government Relations Edition: Vocus' Government Relations software helps organizations manage grassroots networks, monitor legislation and track PAC contacts. Vocus provides a grassroots management solution, featuring a database of federal and state legislative contacts. Corporations and organizations can track projects, activities and legislation; maintain a professional online advocacy site; and analyze lobbying efforts and legislative success.
Wireless Public Relations: Vocus Mobile: In the fast-paced, 24×7 news cycle, public relations professionals are increasingly on-the-go. Vocus provides access of its services through mobile devices to:
- Access Global Media Database – Vocus Mobile customers are able to access profiles of journalists and bloggers on the go.
- Distribute News to Media – Vocus Mobile allows users to send their news directly to their targeted media list with an email and distribute their news to all their key media.
- Monitor Company and Industry News – Using Vocus Mobile, customers can monitor news from both print and online sources
- Track Public Relations Activities – Users can automatically access all their public relations activities with each media contact from their mobile device as well as record any new activities.
Vocus provides its services to AHA, Allied Domecq, Ahima, Healthways, American Mensa, Arbitron, NCPC, Solutia, Southwest, X-rite, Xing, etc.
Vocus has partnered with Australian Associated Press, Advanced Solutions International, Burrelle's/Luce, CyberAlert, Durrants, Eds, Microsoft, PR Newswire, Shadow TV, Xpedite, etc to provide its services.
- Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer – Steve Vintz
- Executive Vice President, Chief Operating Officer – William Wagner
- Chief Executive Officer, President – Rick Rudman
- Chief Technology Officer – Mark Heys
On 25 Feb, 2011, Vocus acquired Facebook apps maker North Social, which enables businesses to create, manage and promote their business on the popular social network. The acquisition cost USD 25M.
4296 Forbes Boulevard