Zuora provides online subscription billing and management platform through a SaaS delivery model. The company provides its services to any firm looking for subscription billing solution including SaaS, cloud computing, Web 2.0 etc. which all have recurring revenue services.
The company is Redwood City, California based and was founded by industry veterans from Salesforce.com, Accenture, WebEx, Oracle, and Postini (now Google). Zuora is backed by Benchmark Capital, Shasta Ventures, and Marc Benioff, Chairman and CEO of salesforce.com.
The various products provided by the company are as follows:
- Z-Billing 2.0 – it is the flagship product of the company. It was launched in May 2008. Z-Billing is a product which facilitates the functioning of subscription business.s
- Z-Payments 3.0 – it provides payment solutions to the subscription business. It allows subscription business to accept payment in any form, automate exception handling, creating payment notification and maintaining transaction history.
- Z-Force 4.0 – it is built on Force.com platform and is integrated fully with Z-Billing and Z-Payment.
- Z-Netsuite – it helps the subscription business in handling the orders, managing the finance and accounts.
- Z-Commerce Platform – it provides the subscription business with commerce-as-a-service solution helping them with the billing, payment and subscription management.
- Zuora for Communications – it enables the service providers to launch any type of service from the broadband.
Zuora for the Cloud – it is available in 4 editions:
- Service Provider
- Private Cloud
- Zuora for Media – it helps the publisher in managing the online content.
List of select customers of Zuora are, AppBuddy, Bandwith.com, Barrett xplore, Box.net, Codesion, The Gigaom Network, Informatica, Jimdo, Liveoffice, Marketo, Inc., Ning, Quova, Vocalocity etc.
The company has been acknowledged with following awards in 2011:
- Finalist for Red Herring’s most innovative companies in North America
- Lead411's Hottest Companies in Silicon Valley
- Listed as one of the Top 100 private companies by AlwaysOn
- JMP Hot 100 Best Privately Held Software Companies
- ZDNet 2011 CRM Watchlist
- Sys-Con Media names Zuora as one of 90 Cloud computing to watch in 2011
- Founder and CEO: Tien Tzuo
- President: Shawn Price
- Chief Financial Officer: Tyler Sloat
- Founder and Chief Technical Officer: Cheng Zou
- May 26, 2011 Zuora announced its May’11 release which provides more features to the users of Salesforce.com.
- May 11, 2011 Zuora launched Zuora Z-Netsuite which combines Z-Commerce platform with Netsuite ERP/Financials.
- April 6, 2011 Barrett Xplore Inc chooses Zuora and Salesforce for deploying Canada’s first national 4G broadband network.
- April 6, 2011 Zuora in agreement with Salesforce.com for subscription billing and commerce services on Force.com.
- January 13, 2011 Roost a Social Marketing technology company launched its Social Marketing Application on Facebook with Zuora’s Subscription Commerce Platform.
1400 Bridge Parkway, Suite 203 Redwood City, CA 94065