These days it is not long before a new technology is seen which makes the earlier one look highly dubious. Focusing on the mobile phone segment, there is a distinct timeline which can be traced back and the major changes that different OEMs have brought to the market be studied. These groundbreaking innovations have made those features mandatory for all the competitors. HTC Rezound is the next one in the line, promising this, if not more. This review article shows how this model elevates from others i.e. specification review, the new innovations, the key changes and then finally compares this with its competitors.
The basic features of HTC Rezound:
- Processor: Qualcomm MSM8660 dual-core 1.5 GHz
- Memory: 1GB DDR2 RAM, 16GB internal RAM, 16GB microsSD installed
- Display: 4.3-inch Super LCD (1280×720)
- Cameras: 2MP front, 8MP rear (LED flash), 1080p HD video capture
- Connectivity: WiFi, Bluetooth 3.0, 3G/4G LTE
- Battery: 1620 mAh
- OS: Android 2.3.4 (Gingerbread); HTC Sense 3.5
- Dimensions: 5.08 x 2.58 x 0.54 inches
The HTC Rezound boasts of 2 major innovations in one single model, one being in the display section while the other in the audio system. The phone has 720p display which is by far the best that has entered the market and is in the true sense – high definition. All possible defects that one can see in a phone display, namely – poor text rendering, a checkerboard pattern around edges, strange tint and an inability to correctly render shades of gray are absent here. The phone offers a much better clarity and accuracy than the traditional PenTile qHD technology used in its competitors .
HTC due to its partnership with Beats Audio has been able to bring an extra-ordinary audio experience to the Smartphone. Beats-branded headphones which are included with the phone can be used for music, apps and for making calls. The headphones which are worth $100 if bought alone will help HTC Rezound to tap the younger, music-focused crowd .
Comparison with the competitors
The article, now will take the reader through the various parameters on which a comparison is done between the phone model in consideration, HTC Rezound and the best among its competitors for that feature.
Thickness and shape: Good
- Though HTC Rezound at 13.7mm thickness is nearly double the size of the Droid RAZR (the thinnest Smartphone available with a thickness of 7.1mm), its convex shape with a taper in the middle gives the user a very comfortable feeling while holding and using it.
Display: Very Good
- The Super AMOLED Plus display technology used on the Samsung Galaxy S II series which impressed critics alike the users despite its WVGA resolution has been considered one of the most superior display till date. Rezound does not seem to differ much from it or its predecessor HTC Vivid at the first glance. But when the tiny details are considered, the Rezound is a clear winner as it shows those little things that show the actual worth of having high resolution.
- The Rezound has the same 8MP camera as most of its competitors including the iPhone 4S. Though Rezound has a lot of photography related options and with a very-easy-to-find-everything UI, it lacks when it comes to low-light images and focusing on the objects. Overall – A good camera but the Smartphone counterparts fare better than it, especially, Samsung Galaxy S II, myTouch 4G Slide and iPhone 4S.
- Though based on Android 2.3.4, HTC Sense 3.5 is what is more prominent from the user point of view. Because of a lot of non-configurable menus and traditional outlook, HTC Rezound loses a few points. Though the phone does not provide an experience to drop the old phone and buy a new one, it certainly does not fail to impress once you start using it.
Battery Life: Bad
- Mainly because of supporting one of the best processors and having a splendid display, the HTC Rezound fails to give a battery life that can impress. It can play videos for over 4 hours without running any other applications and lasts for more than 12 hours during moderate work. Because of the outstanding performance otherwise, the poor battery life can be excused.
Overall, a great attempt at making a wonderful Smartphone with brilliant innovative features is the HTC Rezound. It boasts of great performance and top-notch speed but the timings of its launch clashes with that of iPhone 4S and is also few days before the launch of the long awaited Samsung Nexus. This might hamper the sales. Nevertheless, the preference lies with the buyer and he/she will definitely not regret spending money on this beast.
Check out great mobile phone deals at Amazon!