Cloud computing market has been expanding rapidly. The article forecasts market size of computing services along with its adoption and other trends.
Cloud Computing Services Market Size and Adoption
- Cloud Computing Services revenue was USD 45bn in 2008.
- Cloud Computing Services revenue would be around USD 80 billion by 2011
- Cloud Computing Services revenue would reach USD 120 billion by 2013.
Cloud service revenue will be USD 220bn by 2015, and USD 480bn by 2019
Exhibit: Cloud computing service revenue forecast (2008-2019)
- Business processes (cloud-based advertising, e-commerce, human resources, payment processing and other business processes) cloud services market will be USD 80bn by 2013, US$150bn by 2015, and USD 370bn by 2019.
- Cloud based advertising forms the biggest segment within business processes, and revenues will be USD 65bn by 2013, USD 115bn by 2015, and USD 220bn by 2019
- More than 15% of all IT spend will be on cloud services by 2015, up from 6% in 2009.
- More than 60% of the Global Enterprises would be using Cloud Computing Services by 2015
- US which represents more than 50% of Cloud Computing services is expected to maintain the leadership position in Cloud Computing services adoption till 2015
- By 2012, cloud services will become integral part of the organizations who are leveraging Cloud Computing since 2010.
- Cloud based mobile applications are expected to reach USD 8 bn by 2015