As SaaS applications are rapidly gaining popularity. Today enterprises large and small use SaaS applications as integral part of their IT. It is not easy to identify top applications for SaaS as being at “top’ can be defined in many ways:
- How many companies are using an application (most popular SaaS application)?
- Which application is fastest growing?
- Which application has highest revenue share (this is because some SaaS applications are free, some cheap and some comparatively expensive)?
The list below concentrates more on the first aspect. This may not be 100% accurate but captures almost all “top SaaS applications” in the market today:
Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Marketing automation
- Customer service and support
Enterprise resource planning (ERP)
- Expense management
- Human resource management
- Travel booking
Supply chain management (SCM)
- Sourcing, procurement
- Warehouse management
Content, communication and collaboration (CCC)
- Web conferencing
Among the above list, CRM and ERP are the front runners followed by SCM and CCC. Some very popular CRM / ERP applications include Salesforce.com, Oracle on SaaS, SAP on SaaS, etc. There are numerous small / niche players in the field too.